Monday, January 15, 2007

Punta Cana... Part One

Wow! It has been forever since I've added any postings to this blog. However, life has been a little hectic for the last couple of months. Planning a wedding can occupy one's time enough. But when you are also doing this during the holiday season, it leaves very little time for blogging.

ANYWAY... Scot and I rang in the New Year with a small, intimate wedding in Mexico (Missouri.) Everything went as planned and we had a great time! We returned back from our honeymoon a few days ago, and are now settling into married life. We went to Punta Cana in the Dominican for our honeymoon, and we had a remarkably good time. Most people have not heard of Punta Cana, but we would highly recommend this beautiful island! While there, we took a lot of pictures to help remember our travels. In a futile attempt to portray what a great place Punta Cana is, I will post some of our pics from the trip...

Here is a picture of me at the Iberostar Punta Cana resort. The grounds were so lush and immaculate.




We met a lot of great people there, and everyone was so friendly. One of the most important people we got acquainted with was Marcello, one of the resort bartenders. He was always singing and dancing, and overall very entertaining. Plus, he was one hell of a drink-maker! :) In addition, he thought Scot was "Bullseye" from the Ben Affleck movie, "Daredevil." Funny enough, this wasn't the first time that someone has told Scot this!


For those of you who are not familiar with "Bullseye," I have attached a picture for you to see the comparison. Here's Scot and I during one of our many trips to Marcello's bar...

And here is "Bullseye." I must say that there is a bit of a resemblence...although I have never seen Scot make such a serious face (and then there is the whole bullseye-in-the-middle-of-the-forehead thing.)


This is George, the resident rooster that roams freely around the resort grounds. Although you can't really tell in this picture, he was the biggest (insert joke here) rooster I have ever seen!


We also treated ourselves to massages on the beach. This was the first "real" massage either of us had ever had. While I enjoyed it thoroughly, I was amazed at how it was actually painful at times. However, I was completely relaxed when it was over with. Granted, this could also have to do with the fact that I was on the beach with an unlimited supply of alcohol!


We also took a few excursions while we were there, but since it is getting late in the evening I will save them for another post. I hope to get them posted in the next day or so (not the typical 2 month's time that it has been taking me!)

No comments: