Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, crazy little dog!

Yes, in honor of Harli's 2nd birthday (does that mean that she's a teenager now in dog years?), I thought I would post the following video to show how disturbed our little baby truly is.


This video was filmed a couple of weeks ago, but I just haven't had the chance to post it. As you can see from this video, Harli is EXTREMELY jealous of our two cats, Alley and Sammy. Back story: Scot had picked up my prescription refill earlier in the day, and I simply picked it up off of the coffee table. Normally, this wouldn't have been a big deal, but the cats were sitting on the other side of me. Harli didn't necessarily know what the bottle of pills was, but all she knew was that she didn't want the cats to have it. She started doing her normal freak-out.



She is on her back because Scot put her in "time out" so she could calm down. Did I mention she hates being on her back (it's the whole submission thing.) OK- so I didn't help matters by shaking the bottle and saying the cats' names. However, I was trying to capture one of her freak-outs on film. I would never do that normally. :)





Continuing with the "Harli" themed post... Scot and I were sitting on the couch Monday night enjoying a glass of wine after dinner. Scot got up to answer the phone, and knocked his almost full glass over onto the floor. Thankfully we don't drink Red wine!! He quickly went to get towels to blot it up. He got as much as he could, but the floor was still damp. Well, Harli would NOT stop licking the carpet! We kept pulling her away, but every time we stopped paying attention to her she would sneak back to the spot! She loved her some wine! Perhaps Scot and I are bad influences on her.



You, alright! I learned it by watching you!

Happy Birthday, Harli... you little wino...

2 comments:

Missy said...

OH my gosh, so funny! She looks so darn desperate trying to lick it off the carpet. Definitely addict behavior! Every little dog needs to hit the sauce for it's birthday, right?

Laura said...

Dogs are so much fun. Good thing that dog is only about 10 pounds soaking wet, or she could cause some trouble! I think that you are seeing the light - that dogs are better than cats!