Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy New Year, Happy Anniversary!

Sorry for the delay in postings recently. We have been busy with various holiday events and celebrations over the last few weeks- as I'm sure most of you have, as well. Although we had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's, we are kind of relieved to have it behind us. Now we are ready for Spring (especially considering the freakish 68 degree weather we had today!) I plan to post some pictures from the holidays in the next few posts.

But first- I will start with our New Year's Eve! As most of you know, this day also designated our one-year anniversary! The debate was whether to celebrate the evening on our own with the more traditional anniversary plans or to throw a party to celebrate the New Year. I was very indecisive on the subject, so Scot said he would take care of the plans and surprise me (he knows I love surprises!) We ended up celebrating the occasions with just each other, but it was a good blend of traditional anniversary plans and a New Year's celebration, as well.

Unfortunately, Scot had to work on New Year's Eve, but it was a holiday for me. I found out that Scot made me an appointment for a spa pedicure that morning. What a great start to the day! While my toes and I were enjoying the R&R, one of the attendants at the spa hand delivered to me the card that Scot had dropped off at the salon a few days earlier. All of the people there were oohing and aahing about how sweet that was. Of course, I had to agree.

I spent the rest of the afternoon hitting the Christmas Clearance sales. I can't remember the last time I went leisure shopping on my own. I found a few good sales, but nothing crazy. For dinner, Scot had made us reservations at a restaurant that both of us had been wanting to try. It is down on the Riverfront and it is an old train station that has been converted into a swanky restaurant. Our dinner was fabulous, and then we headed to the Martini bar next door to listen to some live music. Here is a picture of us at Martini's.



Turns out that Scot went to college with the owner of the Martini bar! This resulted in a free bottle of wine for us, which is always a plus. :)

After listening to the live band for a while, we headed home. We wanted to make sure that we got home before midnight so we weren't out on the road due to the snowy weather and drunk drivers. I'm not sure if that means we're smart or just old. Actually, I'm afraid I know exactly what that means. :) We got home around 11:30, and pulled out the top tier of our wedding cake that had been thawing. Not quite as pretty as it was on the big day, but one-year is a long time in cake-years!


We rang in the New Year with pieces of wedding cake and a Prosecco toast! We were quite amazed at how yummy the cake was! In fact, Scot continued to snack on it for the last week.

We've had this bottle of Prosecco for several months now. We bought it with a gift certificate we got for a wedding present from my co-workers. When we bought it, we had no idea what Prosecco was or if we would like it. I bought it purely because I loved the label. Not only do I love dragonflies, but this particular dragonfly looks almost identical to my tattoo!

The next day was back to work. Not normal work, but Scot and Kim house work. Kim spent the entire day taking down the Christmas decorations. Scot spent the day converting a long hall of our basement into a great storage area. He put in the wiring, installed the lighting, hung the drywall, and built the shelves. It was finished just in time to put all of decorations away! My weekend warrior never ceases to amaze me!

We hope you all had a wonderful New Year, as well, and wish you all the best for a great 2008!

No comments: