Monday, March 03, 2008

Just what the doctor ordered...Part 2

Sunday was a happy day for Scot! It was an unseasonably warm 70 degrees in Peoria, which meant that enough of the snow melted for him to go on his first bike ride of the year.


He met up with his friend, "Mountain Man" Mike, (see previous post) to go out for a "quick" ride. I put "quick" in quotes because Scot said he would probably be gone for no more than a couple of hours. Well, almost five hours, 120 miles, (and I'm sure a couple of beers) later, Scot pulled back into the driveway. I can't really blame him for not being in any hurry to get home considering the gorgeous weather.


When he finally did return to the homestead, we took Harli out for a nice walk around the neighborhood. While on our walk, I asked Scot how his bike ride was. He said, and I quote, "Just what the doctor ordered." I thought this was quite funny and ironic as that was exactly what I had titled the blog entry that I wrote while he was out riding!


No comments: