Monday, October 09, 2006

Game day!

Since moving to Peoria I have become used to Sundays being all about the football. Typically, Andy always has a football game on Sunday that we attend. Also, Scot is a huge Chicago Bears fan, so we always have to (did I say "have to?") watch the Bears play every Sunday. (Which hasn't been all bad since they've been having an awesome season... which I'm sure I just jinxed...oops!) Anyway, this past Sunday was still all about the football, but with a twist...

Andy got to go play football yesterday at the RCA dome- Home of the Indianapolis Colts. Pretty cool for anyone, especially a 12 year-old football fanatic. As part of his JFL league, the team and the parents got to travel to Indianapolis to watch the Colts play (Colts beat the Tennessee Titans 14-13 in what was, I must admit, a really exciting game.) This was my first experience at a NFL game, and it was pretty cool to feel the excitement in the stadium. Following the Colts game, the kids played a game on the field. It was a really neat experience for everyone. Andy's team won, although he was disappointed that he didn't get more playing time. I think the coaches tried to let everyone have equal playing time, considering the situation, which meant less playing time than normal for Andy. Overall, though, it was a great day and an experience he won't soon forget. Here is a pic of the kids on the field (I wish I could say that really was Manning in the foreground, but, alas, it is not), and one of the proud dad with his football star.

On a side note, there was one tragedy of the day. We returned home to find out that the power had gone out 1 hour before the Bears kickoff. I know it sounds like no big deal. However, the end result was that the VCR didn't record the Bears game that Scot had been so anxiously waiting to watch all day. So, if anyone out there has a recorded copy of the 10-8-06 Bears game, I know someone that would be very happy to share it with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have Scot check the NFL network it will probably have the Bears replay later in the week.