Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Please ‘Bear’ with me...


...Kimmy is the creative one in our relationship. : )

We have been very busy with wedding planning, so I was truly blessed on Monday night. My beloved Bears were on Monday Night Football, and Kim and I were out running wedding errands. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, my future father-in-law, Bob, was kind enough to keep me updated on the first half of the game. Maybe ‘updated’ is the wrong term. Perhaps, ‘taunting calls mocking the poor play of my Bears’ would be more appropriate. As we shopped, I began to cringe each time the phone rang with more cackles from the Cardinal fan. Oddly enough, the phone calls stopped as the third quarter ended. I thought there may have been some type of power outage or phone problem in Vegas. Out of strict concern for my soon-to-be father-in-law, I placed a call to Vegas a little after 11:00 pm central time. (Ironically, the call coincided with the end of the game.) Fortunately, Susan (Kim’s step-mom) answered the phone, so there had been no tragedy. Well, except for the one in Phoenix if you’re a Cardinal fan. Turns out, it is virtually impossible to dial a phone when you’re sobbing uncontrollably as your team displays one of the worst ‘choke jobs’ in the history of the NFL. Needless to say, I slept like a baby with visions of a Super Bowl dancing in my head.

-Scot

Editor’s note: The views in this entry are tainted by the ‘orange and blue kool-aid’ currently being consumed in mass quantities by all long suffering Chicago Bears fans and should not be held against the author.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Kim is the creative one.
Bob

Anonymous said...

I agree Kim is the creative one.
Bob