Friday, October 06, 2006

New Beginnings

Well, I am happy to announce some exciting news....

Scot and I are officially engaged.

I came home last evening after a hectic day at work. It didn't take long for Scot to convince me that we should take advantage of the beautiful weather that day, and take a bottle of wine and go up to Grandview Drive to look at the views of the changing trees. For those of you not familiar with Peoria, Grandview Drive is a beautiful stretch of drive that has breathtaking views of the river and many beautiful historic homes lining it. There are several picnic tables along the way, and it is a perfect place to stop and relax with some wine! :) Here is picture of the view from where we were sitting. We sat up there for awhile observing the scenery, and then, yes, he got down on one knee. I'll spare you the mushy details from there, but, of course, I said "yes."


And to answer the question that everyone has been asking, no, we haven't set a date yet. But I'll keep everyone posted on that...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kim!!! I am sooo happy to see that things are going well for you!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kim! How exciting. I'm glad to hear that you're so happy.

I love the blog. Thanks for sharing.

Amy Hoehne

Anonymous said...

You mean I missed my chance again!!
Congratulations, Kim. I hope everything works out the way you have it planned. Best of luck and I'll see you in Mid-Missouri one of these days soon. Jason Corrado

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kim and Scot! Welcome to the family Kim.
Aunt "B"

Anonymous said...

Hey Kimmy Kay,
I'm so happy for you and Scott. Keep me posted in the wedding date.
Love Aunt Tracy

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Even though I haven't had the chance to meet you, Welcome to the family!! I love your blog, helps me feel a little closer to part of my family. Thanks for sharing!

Cousin Lori :-)