Friday, August 17, 2007

February, continued...

As for the rest of the month...

We finished our room remodel (see previous post) just in time for Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day was on a Wednesday, which is our weekly night to have the boys. Since two teenage boys can kind of kill the romance, Scot planned to surprise me by celebrating a night early. He was going to come home early from work and have a special dinner and flowers waiting for me when I came home. Unfortunately, Peoria was hit with a huge snow storm that day. My boss told me to just work from home that day, so Scot's plans to surprise me were somewhat derailed.
Although he didn't get to surprise me with the finished result all at once, I was still surprised to hear what he had planned. He knew there was a Chicken and Brocolli casserole that my mom used to make for me when I was in college that I always loved. He had secretly called my mom to get the recipe, then braved the snow after work to get the necessary ingredients along with a bottle of our favorite wine. The food was yummy, and the flowers were beautiful. He is such a sweetie!


(PS- Rob and Nancy- note that we still use the plates you gave me from Italy, and I love them!)

No comments: