Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hawaii: Day 4, Part 2

After spending the first part of the day at Pearl Harbor, we headed to get some lunch. We went to a great local chain called LoCo MoCo. It has traditional Hawaiian plate lunches, and it was quite yummy!



Here are some cheesy pics of Scot and me looking very entertained by our sodas from LoCo MoCo. :)


















Here is my brother, Rob, and his four kids at LoCo MoCo. From left: John, Jack, Elizabeth, Ellen, and, of course, Rob.





After lunch, we headed to the North Shore of Oahu. In contrast to Waikiki and Honolulu, the North Shore is more rural. Along the way, you drive by lots of pineapple plantations, sugar cane fields, and coffee bean fields. The North Shore is known for its beaches, and is a popular destination for a lot of surfers. We stopped by several beaches along the way, but I apologize that I don't remember the names of which towns and beaches go with each picture.


The first stop- notice the surfer in the water.



Thanks to Rob for serving as our private photographer! :)





This was a second beach. I loved the scenery here and the lava rocks in the surf.






This rock was in Waimea Bay, and as you can see, it serves as a popular place for cliff diving. No thank you!



Waimea Bay- talk about a house with a view!


The North Shore was truly amazing. The water is the prettiest blue, and the waves are hypnotic. I can see why everyone comes here to surf. Also along the way were lots of little quaint shops and restaurants. Of course we had to take some time to do some souvenir shopping here, and I'm happy to say that our trip was a success!

2 comments:

Scott, Victoria, Hannah and Caleb said...

I am so jealous. This is my dream vacation!

Jennifer said...

Hi Kim - it's Jennifer. So good to hear from you again. I've bookmarked your blog so I can keep up with you from time to time and I'll make sure I link to it once I get my blog looking a little nicer. Hope things are going well and thank you for the compliments on my kiddos. ;)