Monday, October 01, 2007

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

After a long drive back from Columbia, MO, I rushed to Andy's JFL game. Andy's team was playing the team that he used to play for a couple years ago. It was a beautiful, sunny day and all seemed right in the football world upon my arrival. Devin Hester had just returned a kickoff for a touchdown for my Bears and they were actually winning! Thankfully, I didn't have to witness the meltdown that solidified my Beloved Bears hold on last place!

I was holding out hope that Andy would play despite a rib injury in practice Thursday. His ribs were x-rayed Saturday night and didn't show a break, but he was too sore to play. Unfortunately, the rest of his team didn't play the first quarter either. They were down 13-0 very quickly. The rest of the game was very good, but Andy's team lost for the first time this season 19-16. Andy was very disappointed that he didn't get to play against his former teammates.

Hopefully I'll have better news next week - at least for Andy's team. I'm not looking forward to the beating that Brett Favre and his merry band of cheeseheads puts on my Bears!

No comments: