Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!

Thanks to Scot for keeping this blog active for the last couple of weeks! I have been out of town for the last two weekends, and very busy during the weeks in-between.

As he mentioned, I went on a girls' trip to Las Vegas two weekends ago. While I won't go into a lot of detail (add Vegas cliche here), I will say that we had a lot of fun! Here are some quick pics to give you the run-down of our trip.

My girlfriends from Columbia, Missouri drove up to Peoria Friday night after work. Peoria has cheap direct flights to Vegas, so this is usually the route we go. Did I mention that I purchased my flight to Vegas on 7/7/07 for $7? The return flight was $77, but still a cheap trip nonetheless! Here are Heather and Sherry at the airport early Saturday morning as we wait for our flight...



We usually stay at my dad's house in Vegas. We still did, however my dad is in Pennsylvania for a few months for work. I wished we could have had some time to visit with him, but we did have good visits with my lil' bro, Keith, and my step-mom, Susan!




We arrived Saturday morning and spent most of the day by the pool. After a short nap (yes, you're officially old when you have to take naps to keep up with Vegas), we headed out for the night. Keep in mind, this picture was taken as we were leaving the house around 10:00pm, which is midnight back home. So I would say that a nap was justified! :)



My brother, Keith (aka Jeeves), served as our gracious chauffeur during our stay. He did a great job taking us downtown in the evenings and picking us up in the mornings! Thanks, Keith!



The first night we headed to Tao at the Venetian. This is a frequent celebrity hot-spot dance club, but we saw no celebs that night. Here we are on the balcony at Tao that overlooks the Strip.


As you can see from the pics below, the place was packed! Surely there had to be some celebrities in there somewhere!?!



Another view of the dance floor. Note the girls in the bathtub with "strategically placed" flower petals. Nothing like Vegas!


Here is a picture of the three amigos at 5:30am after about 6 hours of dancing. Still all smiles as we wait for our "chauffeur!" :)


The next day, Sunday, we headed to our traditional Vegas lunch at In-N-Out burger. No trip to Vegas is complete without a meal here!

After our Sunday evening naps, we got ready to go out again. Here we are as we're leaving the house. My camera was doing the random spots thing again, and it seemed to land on Sherry's shirt this time! :)

In the past, we've found that Body English at the Hard Rock Hotel is the best place to go on Sundays in Vegas. So we headed there for some more dancing. Group shot in the car!


Check this guy out. He was at Body English, and we got quite a kick out of him. He was all done up like an 80's flashback. Check out the phone! You can't see his hair very well in this picture, but he has a hi-top with all sorts of designs shaved in the side of his head. He was hilarious!



After two long nights of dancing, our dogs were barking!



We headed back home on Monday. After a short delay in our flight, here we are on the plane. We had fun, but we were ready for a good night's sleep!

Here is a picture of Heather enjoying our lovely view of the engine.



This was our shortest trip to Vegas thus far (only two nights), but we found it to be the perfect length. Two nights in a row in Vegas is about all we can handle anymore! :) Heather and Sherry stayed the night with us in Peoria on Monday night before heading back to Columbia Tuesday morning. We always have so much fun together, and I'm glad they were willing to make the trip with me. Looking forward to next time (once my feet heal!)

1 comment:

amy7252 said...

"yes, you're officially old when you have to take naps to keep up with Vegas"

... or when you read your friend's blog on her fantastic trip to Las Vegas and think, "Wow. She got to take a nap! I'm jealous!"